Friday, July 28, 2006

It's gotta be a 'guy' thing ... even for little guys!

So I brought the boys to a pub for supper the other night. I've managed to get myself into a singing competition here in Halifax, and my youngest isn't crazy about the idea of his mom getting on stage to 'entertain' someone other than he and his brother ... so I brought them to the pub where I'm singing in order to give them an idea of where and what I'll be doing and they were also able to watch those who were auditioning for next month's competition. They thought it was pretty cool :-)

I have to admit, the boys were on their BEST behaviour all night. VERY well behaved. Until we were almost ready to go ... then they started checking out the waitresses!!!!! They're 10 & 6 and already checking out the waitresses!!! When ours came to the table to see if we wanted dessert, and my youngest said "My brother thinks you're hot!" ... I knew it was time to go!!!

As we were leaving, this man walking out in front of us got a great laugh ... the boys had asked me if they had been good in the pub. I said "You guys were absolutely AWESOME!!! Very very good! But next time ...... don't be telling the waitresses they're hot!!!!" The guy in front of us just lost it laughing :-)

And yes ... having a 6yr old tell you you're hot, can still make a grown woman blush LOL. ;-)

2 comments:

MOMSICLE VIBE said...

Hilarious. I was a camp counselor and have been told by many a young boy that I was "hot". I was actually informed by one that I was his girlfriend... When I told him that actually we were buddies he scoffed at me. SCOFFED! He was like, "then why do you hang out with me every. single. day?" And I had to break it to him, "BECAUSE I'M YOUR CAMP COUNSELOR!"

LOL

MOMSICLE VIBE said...

Hilarious. I have been told by many a young boy that I was 'hot' when I worked as a camp counselor. Actually, one informed me that I was his girlfriend. I was like, actually we are buddies. He scoffed at me. SCOFFED! He gave me this doubtful look and asks, "then why do you hang out with me every. single. day?"
And I had to break it to him:

"BECAUSE I AM YOUR CAMP COUNSELOR!"