Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The opposite of 'sleeping in' until noon is ......

Hey all!

This one is for all those who have been woken up 'abruptly' in the morning :-)
Last weekend the boys were with their father. On the weekends they're with him, being someone who LOVES her sleep ... I try to sleep in one of the two days . At least a little bit. 'Sleeping in' meaning not opening my eyes until sometime after 10:30am.

That saturday, after a week-long session of meetings that were particularly taxing to the brain and even physically draining, I was looking forward to a body catch up and slept in until NOON! It was absolutely AWESOME! This past weekend ... not quite!

On Sunday morning, at 9am my eyes flew open to the sound of pots (drums) being banged on (in the living room) with the big stainless steel spoons, and my 7 yr old (who I heard getting up about 15 min earlier) singing at the top of his lungs "I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves ... I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, and this is how it goes ..... AGAIN!!! I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves ..."

AAARRRRRRAAAAGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! YES! IT DOES!! Including your mother's!!! Make it stop!!!! Sigh ... where's my coffee???

What ever happened to the old fashioned "Good morning Mommy, did you sleep well?" :-D

Nite all!
K

No comments: