Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I Smell!

I've always been told I smell nice.

I've worn the same perfume since I was about 16. Some may think it boring to stay with the same scent for so many years, but it mixes well with my body chemistry, so I look at it as sticking with what works.

I've had complete strangers say to me "My goodness, you smell good!" LOL

Don't get me wrong ... I don't reek But if someone gets within hugging distance, which is how it can sometimes be in crowded public places, chances are you'll smell me :-)

At work, I won't wear perfume. We have a 'no scent' policy and there is one lady in particular on our team, who is extremely scent sensitive. For her, she just has to catch a whiff of spritz leftovers on my clothes, and I reek :-)

But I admit, if I'm on my own time, I like to smell nice. I just sometimes forget that other people notice too.

Last month, the boys spent a week with their father. One day, Adam asked me to drop off his bike.

I got there, knocked, walked in with a 'Heellllooooo!!!!!' and got no answer.

I walked through the kitchen, down the hall, past the boys bedroom and into the living room where the ex was sitting at the computer.

We immediately went back out to the kitchen.

A couple of seconds later, Adam came out of his room with this strange look on his face.

I said "Hi Babe, you heard me out here did ya?"

"No." he said "I SMELLED you!" He was serious.

I've always said they have some internal mechanism that let's them know the second I'm 'around' (and I get the "MOM!").

I always thought it was some special mother/child bond.

Now I know different. I smell!

That's it! The perfume goes in the garbage. I'm goin' Stinky from here on in!

The person who thought up this No Scents is Good Sense! thing may be onto something ... bet they had kids too!

K

2 comments:

CraftyLzrd said...

Strange that we were just talking about this the other day at NMCRS! *giggle* IMO its nice to have that signature "fragrance" And just out of curiosity, what do you wear?

Kim's Korner said...

Thanks Lzrd, I think so too :-)

I wear Christian Dior's Poison.

Since I can't wear it all the time, I can make a $100 bottle last me a year :-)

What do you wear?