Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Just Call Me Cupid!

On Monday, I did something I haven't done in a loooong time!

I put on the wings, grabbed the bow and arrow, and played Cupid!


Backtrack ... over the weekend, I'm reading something online called 'Missed Connections'.

I read this every few days for a chuckle.

These are local Ad's from people who happened to see another person somewhere, and would like to get to know that person better.

"Saw you in the grocery store, we made eye contact, would like to squeeze your melons!"

OK, I made that one up, but you get the idea ;-)

So late Friday night, I see this Ad ...

'Saw you at xxx today. I think you work in this building. I do too! You were wearing xxx. I think you're gorgeous! Blah Blah Blah.'

... and I RECOGNIZE the person who is being described!


No, it wasn't me. ;-)

But it happened to be someone who works in my building.


Not someone I 'know', but who I see often enough to smile at in passing.

Actually, there are two (young) guys who work together, and it HAD to be one of them.

The person being described, was done so by the shirt they were wearing on Friday.

OK, so it would be a little hard to say 'That's HIM!' based on 'blue jeans and a shirt' - remember Friday's are casual day - but this shirt was pretty specific.

It was a team jersey.

Both of these guys were wearing this particular team jersey on Friday.

HAD to be one of them!!!!

So Monday morning, I walked into their office with my little 'missed connections' printout in hand.

One guy was with a client, so I went to the other one, who was by himself in another area, handed it to him and said ...

'OK, at the risk of being laughed at for even reading these ... I happened to think of you guys when I saw THIS, so I had to bring it down, and start your day off with something you might find interesting.'

He read it.

I waited to see his reaction.

First confusion, then realization, then the big smile, then the ...

"WHAT? WHO? WHAT?"

Looking from me, to the paper, to his buddy serving the customer, back to the paper.

And another smile slowly spread over his face.

Then he looked at me, almost panicked, and said;

'But ... there was ANOTHER guy in the building wearing a jersey that day TOO!'

I laughed, turned around, tossed a 'You have fun then, figuring out which one of you it is!' over my shoulder and walked out.

Leaving the poor guy dazed and confused.


But hey, that's how I usually leave 'em anyway ;-)

K.

4 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

You ARE going to find out if they figured it out...right????

Hallie

Kim's Korner said...

ABSOLUTELY!!! I'll be going to see them either later today or tomorrow and plan on finding out if they figured out who the secret admirer was ;-)

Expat No. 3699 said...

Very cool. Did you find out if it was one of them?

Kim's Korner said...

I spoke to the boys this morning, and instead of actually REPLYING to the admirer's public message ... they did nothing!!! Except keep checking the personals for an update LMAO!

Men!

They want to know, but won't send a message to find out.

I told them "for god sakes! just create a hotmail account, and answer her ad saying 'there are 3 of us who were wearing that shirt ... which one of us was it' and there, problem solved".

I left him thinking about it LOL.