Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Kittens? Kittens? We Can't Smell No Stinkin' Kittens!

So I mentioned in my last post, how we have these kittens.


Claws McPurr




Carley




Smudge



And of course, there's Puss & Belle




Puss is an outdoor cat, but there is still a litter box downstairs in the laundry room for the kittens.

As much as I try to keep on top of it, I can still smell 'animals' at times, in the basement.

Not so much in the rest of the house.

But the basement? Definitely has that 'pets live here' undertone.

I hate it.

I've used sprays.

They only cover it up. And not for very long. Or effectively.

I've used candles.

They're nice while I'm downstairs, but it's not like I can use them to keep the basement fresh while I'm at work during the day.

And then one day, it hit me!

The Procter & Gamble lady!

Shortly after she contacted me, she said that if I had any suggestions of items I'd like to try, to simply let her know.

I was sure Procter & Gamble must have SOME type of air freshener product line.

So I asked her about it.

And I received this.




The bag alone was absolutely AWESOME! Gorgeous!

And just what was in it?

Ohhhhh! All kinds of goodies!!!




EVERYTHING I needed to get rid of the pet smells!

And food smells, and kid smells and ... and ... and ...

OMIGOD! I'm in scented HEAVEN!!!

She sent me the new Febreze Destinations Collection®.



Three Febreze Air Effects® - Moroccan Bazaar, Brazilian Carnaval, and Hawaiian Aloha;

Two 30hr candles - Brazilian Carnaval and Hawaiian Aloha; and

a NOTICEables® plug-in starter kit, and two refills.


I've tried sprays, I've tried candles, but the plug-in, this would be new for me :-)

The sprays are nice.




I'd have to say the Brazilian Carnaval® is my favourite.

They seem to last a little longer than the ones I usually use. Then again, the ones I usually use are pretty cheap.


I lit the Brazilian Carnaval® candle the first night I got the bag.



WOW! I LOVE this scent!

I was able to burn it at least 10-12 times (sorry I lost count), for 3+ hrs each time.

Definitely accurate on it's 30hr burning time! If not more!

What I liked best about it though, is the fact it burned ALL the wax.

Have a look.







Unlike other candles I've used, there is no wax clinging to the sides.

It didn't just burn a hole down the middle, like a little tunnel.

The whole candle burned.


This brand, on the other hand ... tunnel.



Now I'm burning this one. Hawaiian Aloha. More of a tangy scent.





I have to admit, I like the other one, Brazilian Carnival, better.

Guess I like berry over tangy ;-)

So I had determined the candles made my kitchen smell nice.

And the sprays were good everywhere else. But now, it was time for the BIG test.

The basement.

This was a job, for the Plug-in! Within a day, I was able to walk by the door to the basement and smell this making it's way up the stairs.



YES!!!

WOOHOO!!

Now, I can't wait to try the refills!


Hibiscus & Rainforest, and Ginger & Nutmeg.

Really looking forward to trying that Ginger & Nutmeg!

I like spice.

In my air fresheners, and in life ;-)


As with any scented product, these are not for everyone!

However, for me, this whole experiment was definitely a good one! I loved the candles, I liked the sprays, and the plug-in ... heavenscent!

Thanks Febreze!

Now, I can welcome family, friends and strangers into my home, take them into the basement and say with confidence;


Kittens? Kittens? We can't smell no stinkin' kittens! Oh, and don't mind the mess!

K.

2 comments:

Bonnie S. said...

Wow, you really hit the motherload with this gig! How do I sign up without having to start a blog? LOL

Kim's Korner said...

LOL, not sure. I know there are a bunch of websites out there that advertise 'do product reviews!' You could look into some of those ;-)

There'll be another 'review' post coming in the next couple of weeks too ... when I got to work this morning, there was another package waiting for me...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR CLEAN!!! ;-)