Friday, April 3, 2009

The Things I CAN'T Say

I haven't been posting this week.

I can't.

I made a promise to myself when I started this 'blogging thing', that there were 3 topics I wouldn't put 'out there' to the rest of the world.

1 - I wouldn't intentionally use my words to hurt my kids.

Sure, I share stories about them, but never in a way that makes me feel like I'm embarrassing or attacking them.

And they always know when they've been the subject of a post.

2 - I wouldn't bitch about my co-workers/boss/company.

And I have to admit, my work has been incredibly accepting and accommodating of my single parent status, and the occasional limitations it puts on my career. So there hasn't been a whole lot to complain about.

3 - I wouldn't bash the Ex.

And to make matters worse, if I break #3, then #1 is automatically shot as well.

There were MANY things I wanted to post about this week.

Situations that made me want to choke someone, and ones that made me laugh so hard my stomach hurt.

But couldn't share them.

It would violate my list of Things I Can't Say

Which really sucks.

Cause I like venting here. And there's been a whole lot to vent about over the past couple of weeks.

I've always said blogging is cheaper than therapy, and doesn't require police intervention ;-)

But, as much as I love sharing things with all of you, some things are better left unsaid.

Except to mom.

She listens.

And runs a tab.

K

P.S. Thanks Mom!

3 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Or you can guest blog again for me and dump all your shit over there!! Sue did that while I was on vacation and I think she loved it!! You can say anything at all and be free of it!!

Hallie :)

Anonymous said...

I think about keeping a secret, anonymous blog for exactly this sort of thing. But then I get lazy :)

Kim's Korner said...

Hallie - Well, I'm hoping some of my readers are now actually reading YOU, so they'd see all my dirt there if I ever exposed it LOL.

PTD - Yeah, I thought of that too, but I have a hard enough time keeping one blog up to date :-) And knowing me, I'd publish the wrong post on the wrong blog!