Friday, July 3, 2009

And It Only Went Downhill From There

With news of Michael Jackson dominating ... everything, lately, it was no surprise when the boys started asking questions about him.

There's a full fledged post coming on that later.

I mean, how can you answer ALL THOSE questions related to EVERYTHING MJ in just a few sentences?!?!?

Some of those answers aren't easy, People!

Until then, I'll leave you with this.



The other day, Adam pipes up from the back seat and asks ...

"How did he go from being a black man to a white man?"

and then in the next breath, says "... and what was WRONG with his nose?"


Sigh. And it only went downhill from there.


Damn you, Michael. Leaving me with all these unanswered questions!

K.

7 comments:

Bonnie S. said...

Kim, tell me you haven't been thinking about our BEAT IT dance from Junior High! Does anyone have that on video??? LMAO What were we THINKING?!?!?!?!

Expat No. 3699 said...

"How did he go from being a black man to a white man?"

I just checked Wikipedia and I'd suggest going there for that answer.

Oh, I love Wiki, and Google and the internet in general for answers.

Kim's Korner said...

Bon - I wasn't only thinking about it, I TOLD the boys about it ;-) I just couldn't remember if we had done it in front of our grade only, or the whole school lol.

3699 - At the time, I gave him a short version of the pigmentation explanation and told him that not everyone believed that theory. That seemed to satisfy him.

For now ;-)

Kim's Korner said...

Oh and Bon, I think Tara's mom might have that on video, but I'm not sure.

Bonnie S. said...

I remember going to the other grade (was it 7?) classrooms and doing it there, but ummm yes I think we did it in the gym in front of the whole school. OMG! haha I'll have to touch base with Tara. I would love to have a copy of that!! Sadly, I still remember some of the dance moves!! That was so much fun.

Evansmom said...

Children do come up with the best questions, don't they?

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Kim's Korner said...

Bon - LOL, the only thing I think I could manage today would be the moonwalk ;-)

I asked Tara, no video :-( But her sister believes she can show us the dance moves, as she watched us practice so many times, she has them committed to memory LOL.

Evansmom - They do, and sometimes it's REALLY hard not to laugh, at what sometimes first comes to mind as an answer ;-)

And, I'll be back!