Wednesday, August 5, 2009

And For All Of That, A Shot Of This

I was asked to try a bottle of Febreze Allergen Reducer®.

When Alec was much younger, he tested positive for a few household allergies, so I said, 'Sure.'


Because of them ...





him ...





her...



And these ...




And this ...




And these ...



And these ...





And more of these;
dragging in the dirt from outside ...






Which are filled with these ...



And these ...




And yes, these too ...




And yeah, them again ...





And for all of that, leaving their odour, dander and dust on the furniture, a shot of THIS is supposed to help your fabric.


According to the Febreze website; "As it freshens, it also reduces up to 75% of allergens from pollen* and dust mites that can become airborne from fabrics (*from birch tree, timothy grass and ragweed)."

The Allergizer website also includes, " ... pet dander and molds", in allergens it protects against.



I used it.

I'm still using it.

I'm really not that crazy about the scent. Although, I suppose it's better than the alternative.

But that's not my issue.

I really can't TELL if it's working. If it's doing what it's supposed to do, and reduce allergens.

It's not something I can actually 'see' a difference in.

This is a hard one to review, because I guess I don't have anything tangible in the end, to hold on to and say 'YES! This makes a difference for me because ...'



Would I spray it over my sheets, then bury and tangle myself in it's fresh scent?

Um, no.

Would I spray it over the carpet, to get rid of the smell of Belle's latest upset stomach, and resulting backyard regurgitation?

ABSOLUTELY!


Although I'm not quite sure any of us are allergic to THAT stuff!

K

2 comments:

Expat No. 3699 said...

Unless one of you had allergies and you noticed a decrease in symptoms, how would you know?

Like you said, that's kind of a tough one to review.

But hey, it was free!

Kim's Korner said...

You're right. On all accounts :-)

Although Alec has allergies, they obviously aren't bad enough to 'see' a difference after using something like this.

Which I didn't know until I tried it. May do something completely different for someone else.

Still LOVE the Febreeze candles and 'regular' sprays though!